Since 2007, Savvy Cyber Kids has been fighting to keep our kids’ digital playgrounds a safe place to play and learn. Savvy Cyber Kids first began with The Savvy Cyber Kids at Home book series, picture books for 3 -7-year-olds that introduce online safety messages at the same ages when kids are learning to look both ways when they cross the street and not to talk to strangers. Back then, little existed to teach our youngest digital citizens the lessons they would need in the coming years. Fast forward to today and our kids need cyber safety and cyber ethics lessons more than ever. Savvy Cyber Kids now has free resources for teachers and parents that encourage kids of all ages to use their cyber powers for good and be a #cyberhero.
Superheroes have been a consistent theme for Savvy Cyber Kids. In the Savvy Cyber Kids book series, the age appropriate characters create superhero identities to use when they are online. If someone they interact with in a game or app asks them “What is your name?” or “Where do you live?” Their Savvy Cyber Kids name is all that they give! Just like many of the cultural superhero icons, when Wonder Woman is helping others, she is not going out in the world as Diana Prince and when Batman is doing good, he is not known as Bruce Wayne. So, when your kids are playing games or using apps with their “online friends” AKA strangers, they should be using an alternate, that’s right, cyberhero identity.
To continue positively impacting the lives of today’s youth and to continue to be a resource to parents and teachers, we need your help to fund Savvy Cyber Kids cyber safety and cyber ethics educational tools and programming. Please consider donating to our fundraising campaign. All levels are “super” impactful!
Be a Superhero
There are many ways that you can help to support Savvy Cyber Kids:
- Donate to Savvy Cyber Kids and help raise funds that will be put to work educating and empowering digital citizens from preschool through high school. With your support, parents and educators will have the technology know-how to educate children as they grow up in a world surrounded by technology. For more information about sponsorship opportunities, email Ben Halpert.
- Participate in our Adventures Off The Screen family programming, including the Super Fun Day and more!
- Use Bark as a social media parental control. Bark is an internet safety solution powered by advanced technology that proactively alerts parents to dangers including cyberbullying and online predators. Here is a link for a free 30-day trial. After your trial, if you sign up, Bark donates 25% of your monthly fee to Savvy Cyber Kids. Full disclosure, in addition to using the Bark solution in the Savvy Cyber Kids home, Savvy Cyber Kids founder, Ben Halpert, is also an Advisor to the company helping them enhance their products in a way that addresses today’s digital parenting needs.
- Shop on AmazonSmile, a website operated by Amazon with the same products, prices, and shopping features as Amazon.com. The difference is that when you shop on AmazonSmile, the AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of the purchase price of eligible products to the charitable organization of your choice—Savvy Cyber Kids! On your first visit to AmazonSmile, you need to select a charitable organization to receive donations from eligible purchases before you begin shopping. Your selection will be remembered, and then every eligible purchase you make at smile.amazon.com will result in a donation.
- Volunteer through Savvy Cyber Kid’s HERO Volunteer Program and help children from Pre-K through 1st grade learn how to remain safe and be empowered to make appropriate decisions in the online world.
- Share our free resources with your children’s schools and parents of your children’s friends. Download the Parent’s Guide To Technology.
- Bring Savvy Cyber Kids to your children’s schools and let’s raise a generation of kids who use their cyber super powers for good.
For information about sponsorship opportunities, visit our Corporate Sponsorship Program page or email email@example.com.